Welcome to Alameda Unified School District!
On behalf of AUSD’s Educational Services team, we welcome you to our school community. This is an exciting time for your child and for you! We are so excited to meet you!
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is the first of a two-year Kindergarten experience for students whose fifth birthdays fall between September 2, 2024, and June 2, 2025. AUSD uses the defined California eligibility dates for placement. There are no exceptions. TK provides a developmentally appropriate curriculum focused on social-emotional skill-building and is taught by credentialed teachers.
For the 2024-2025 school year, five AUSD schools will offer TK programs for students. Since TK is not offered at every school site, it does not qualify for the home attendance zone status. We will make every effort to place your student in the closest TK to your home, given space availability. The schools below are offering TK programs.
West End Information Night: January 16, 2024
Attend this TK information session if your student is zoned for the following schools: Ruby Bridges, Paden, Franklin, Maya Lin, and Love Elementary Schools.
East End Information Night: January 17, 2024
Attend this TK information session if your student is zoned for the following schools: Edison, Otis, and Earhart Elementary Schools and Bay Farm School.
- How do I register my child for Transitional Kindergarten?
- What if I would like to place my student in Transitional Kindergarten and their birthday does not fall within the designated dates?
- Do the immunization requirements need to be completed when I schedule a time for my enrollment to be processed?
- Does my child's physical examination need to be completed at the time of my enrollment appointment?
- Does my child's Oral Health Assessment need to be completed at the time of my enrollment?
- How can I visit a transitional kindergarten classroom?
- What is the first day of school for 2024-2025 school year?
- What is the starting and ending time for the Transitional Kindergarten day?
- Do transitional kindergarten students eat lunch at school?
- How do I enroll my child in the after school/extended day program?
- Additional TK Information