Welcome to Alameda Unified School District!
On behalf of AUSD’s Educational Services team, we welcome you to our school community. This is an exciting time for your kindergartener and for you! We are so excited to meet you!
Students whose fifth birthday is on or before September 1, 2024, can enroll in kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year. AUSD uses the defined California eligibility dates for placement. There are no exceptions.
Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year will begin on 01/22/2024.
Kindergarten information night will be held on January 18, 2024, at elementary schools across the district. To determine which information night to attend, please look up your student's home zone school and visit their school website for more information.
- How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
- What if I would like to place my student in Kindergarten and their birthday does not fall within the designated dates?
- Do the immunization requirements need to be completed when schedule a time for my enrollment to be processed?
- Does my child's physical examination need to be completed at the time of my enrollment appointment?
- Does my child's Oral Health Assessment need to be completed at the time of my enrollment?
- How can I visit a kindergarten classroom?
- What is the first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year?
- What is the start and end time for the Kindergarten day?
- How do I enroll my child in the after school/extended day program?