AUSD LGBTQ Round Table
The mission of the AUSD LGBTQ Round Table is to foster an inclusive, safe, and welcoming environment for all students in the Alameda Unified School District (AUSD). The AUSD LGBTQ Round Table will do so by supporting children of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) families and students who identify as or are perceived by others to be lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or gender non-conforming. Please take a moment to read our Letter to the Community (PDF).
- Provide resources to the school district to ensure the success of LGBTQ-oriented curricula.
- Collaborate with community-based (e.g., business, civic, faith) organizations committed to inclusive, safe spaces for youth and families.
- Develop parent/community groups for support and advocacy of the LGBTQ community.
- Coordinate pro bono legal support to help AUSD ensure and safeguard legal rights for LGBTQ youth and families.
- Connect LGBTQ youth and families in the community and schools with appropriate community-based support resources.
- Organize community-based events to educate about the history and presence of LGBTQ people and families in our schools and city.
- Facilitate Harvey Milk Day planning to foster community awareness and understanding.
- Assist with AB 9 and SB 48 implementation to promote safe schools.
- Coordinate diversity awareness activities/events in all AUSD schools.
- Support students, staff, and families who are LGBTQ and allies of the LGBTQ community.
Frequently Asked Questions about AB 1266: The School Success and Opportunity Act (PDF).
ROUND TABLE MEMBERS
AUSD's LGBTQ Round Table includes students, teachers, district staff, and community members who want to support LGBTQ youth and families.
Contact: Olivia Higgins