AUSD will be offering several summer school programs during the summer of 2022. These programs target students who have been identified as likely to benefit from additional support over the summer. Factors such as English Language Learner status, Free & Reduced Meal Program status, and assessment scores, among other factors, have been applied to prioritize students. Seats are not open to all students.
- "Extended School Year" at Ruby Bridges for students in grades pre K through Adult Transitions who receive special education services and who have ESY documented in their IEPs.
- Elementary Summer Program at Love Elementary for current K-4 students invited based on Free & Reduced Lunch Status, English Language Learner Status, "Academic Score Index" (which includes race/ethnicity, and other factors), and assessment scores. This program includes academics from 8:30 - 12:30, and enrichment from 12:30 - 5:30.
- Middle School Math Summer Program at Alameda High School for current 5-8th grade students invited based on Free & Reduced Lunch Status, English Language Learner Status, "Academic Score Index" (which includes race/ethnicity, and other factors), and assessment scores. Academics begins at 8:30 and ends at 12:30. Enrichment TBD.
- HS ELD Summer Program at Alameda High School for high school English Language Learners who have been identified as needing additional support based on the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) and teacher recommendations.
- Credit Recovery for both general education high school students and high school students receiving special education services. Students will have the option to come in-person (Alameda High School) or work from home.
Dates: Thursday, June 23 through Wednesday, July 20
Focus: This four-week summer learning intensive is designed to provide invited students with continued learning opportunities in reading, math, English language development, and social-emotional learning through mindfulness, and enrichment to help prepare them for the fall.
K-8 students will begin the day at 8:30, with lunch from 12 - 12:30. Currently, enrichment activities from 12:30 - 5:30 are only available elementary (current K-4 students). We are continuing to explore summer enrichment for students in grades 5-8.
High school students will begin the day at 9 and end at 12:30.
Breakfast and lunch are provided.
Important Note: Invitations to students will be sent via email in early May. Students who are accepted will be notified by by late May. Because seats are limited, students are expected to attend for the full duration of the program.