Alameda High School Measure I Projects
(As approved by Board of Education)
Modernize and seismically retrofit Historic Alameda High School.
Reconstruct all structural and most non-structural elements in the Central Building and Science Building while retaining existing exterior shells. Keep exterior "as-is" as much as possible, with restoration and access alterations only as required.
- School restored for student use
- Structural seismic rehabilitation of all HAHS buildings
- Comprehensive restoration of HAHS and Technical Arts buildings
- Fully modernized science classrooms in HAHS East Wing
- Renovate HAHS Central Avenue facade
- Remove debris fence from HAHS buildings
- Technology, communication, and safety/security improvements
- Critical mechanical, electrical, roofing, and accessibility improvements
- Schematic Design (PDF) (approved by Board of Education April 12, 2016)
- Exterior Rendering (PDF)
- Initial Study & Mitigated Negative Declaration (PDF) (July 2016)
Project Meeting Documentation
Floor Plan of HAHS Central Building, First Floor
Artist's rendering of front of Science Building
Artist's rendering of front of Central Building
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HAHS PROJECT
Curious about the history of Historic Alameda High School, the details of the restoration, or how the buildings were seismically updated? These details and more are available in our HAHS FAQ.